Some books are relatively dry but necessary. So it goes for Spanish For Dummies. It combines grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary and real-life situations/conversation.
It has many practical lessons, cultural facts, and some pretty handy references including a Spanish-English mini-dictionary and common verb lists. You’ll get a handle on grammar, essential vocabulary, verb conjugations, and pronunciation.
- Spanish 101 — learn to recite the alphabet; pronounce words and phrases; and meet, greet, and exchange pleasantries with other Spanish speakers.
- Spanish language skills you need to talk on the phone and perform everyday tasks at the office.
The audio CD includes more than 30 conversations that reinforce lessons from the book.
Discover how to:
- Have everyday conversations in Spanish
- Make sense of Spanish grammar
- Improve your pronunciation
- Get a handle on verb conjugations
- Use idioms and popular expressions
- Get around in a Spanish-speaking country
In short, Spanish For Dummies is a catch-all book. It contains bite-sized chunks of many, many situations and approaches to learning the language. None by themselves will get you to fluency but it still should have a place as a reference as you begin to learn the language.